Tips for Green Home Renovations
Years ago, people put beauty above everything else when undergoing renovations in Auckland. Now, homeowners don’t just want their renovations to make their properties beautiful. They also want them to make them sustainable. By working directly with architects and builders of Auckland, you can make your home energy efficient while still getting the look you want.
Use Reflective Light for Green Home Renovations Auckland
Windows are a great way to make your home more eco-friendly. They bring natural light in, allowing you to keep your lights off during the daylight hours. You already have your windows in place, but you can amplify the light they let in using reflective surfaces.
Consider adding a built-in bookshelf right next to a window. You can also use mirrors. Just put a mirror on a wall that is opposite or adjacent to the window. Then, it will reflect the light.
Add Solar Heating for Green Home Renovations Auckland
With the help of an architect and a team of Auckland builders, you can get solar heating for your home. Solar panels will trap and convert energy from the sun. According to the New Zealand Council for Sustainable Development, homeowners can get as much as 75% of their households’ hot water from a solar heating system. The design and placement of the system is very important. With that in mind, take special care when hiring an architect and a team of builders Auckland.
Insulate the Home During Green Home Renovations Auckland
Approximately 65% of the homes in New Zealand were built before insulation was required. That equals over 1 million homes. Many of the remaining 35% of the homes have inadequate insulation. A lack of insulation is directly related to heat loss. You can keep the heat in by insulation your ceilings, walls and floors. Insulating your floors will also prevent moisture penetration. Green renovations are a great way to make your home more energy efficient. You will save on your energy bill and know you are doing your part to help the environment.
YourBuilder has all of the information you need about green renovations. Let the team of builders Auckland help you turn your home into an energy saving machine.
As a designer, I require 150% attention to detail from my trades teams. Hamid and the YourBuilder team have always provided this and the finished results are fantastic.…
Amanda Neil, Director.
We found working with Hamid a pleasure and found his approach to projects very effective and efficient. Builder's dealings with our clients is important to us and found…
Liam J Beuth, Director
Hamid and Ty have taken care to match existing heritage features, and demonstrate superb attention to detail and finish. They use proper timesheets, are very professional, work efficiently…
Werner & Megan Sievert
converted Garage into playroom/office